Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chaning came for a six hour visit today

While I have the time to document because that will all change tomorrow, I want to record how the verses that a dear friend of mine shared with me in the form of a sealed card for each day of my trip.  I have opened six cards so far and cannot believe how the verse that was placed in her heart for that day has spoken volumes at the appropriate time.  This is what I have recorded for Chaning:
Day 1, July 13th - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10  - Results of the day - The unknowns of this trip had built up.
 
Day 2, July 14 - The Lord has done great things for me and I am filled with JOY. Psalm 126:3 - I received an upexpected phone call in the van on the way to my hotel in Shanghai after getting off the plane late at night.  It was Chaning and she said, Hi Mommy!
 
Day 3, July 15 - O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:12. Result of day - This day I met Chaning & family and it was good, very good.
 
Day 4, July 16 - Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10. Result of day - Oh my, this one was so needed as I watched friends/teachers all say goodbye to Chaning.
 
Day 5, July 17 - The Lord watches over you- The Lord is your shade at your right hand. 7. The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life. Psalm 121:5. Result of day- Chaning was on the same plane and was very nervous to see me.  She told her Auntie and Nicole that she would be back home after her trip on the airplane.
 
Day 6, July 18 - Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again - Rejoice! Philippians 4:4.  Result of this wonderful day - Chaning visited me in the hotel today. We spent many hours playing together and she held my hand for the first time.
 
Today could not have gotten any better.  Chaning was receptive to me and made eye and skin contact me with.  Yolanda did not translate for her for a while and she and I found ways to understand each other.  She spent hours going through her backpack full of items (Thank you, Tonya).  She is a girly girl.  Her eyes lit up when I showed her the choices of clothing that were hers. She chose an outfit to wear to Gotcha day tomorrow.  She wore her zebra sunglasses when we went outside and tried wearing her hairbow.
 
Tomorrow at this time I will have Chaning in my arms.  This is going to be a time for grieving for her.  Please continue to keep her and the family in your prayers.  I feel she will grieve hard but will attach strongly.
 
I am loading some pictures from today.  Two are from the hotel lobby and one is the front of the hotel.  A few show the streets surrounding us.  Tonya, one is of a yard sale we came across...In China!!;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL, I wish all the children could transition this way! Prayers for tomorrow will be said. Best wishes, Sharon

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What perfect scriptures! How sweet of your friend.

Praying for a smooth transition for Channing!

Love and blessings,
Robin

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations